In this chapter, there will be a review about planer, its main parts and their role.
A planer is a wood operating tool, which is implied for producing boards of even thickness, which result in a completely flat on both sides.
The wood planer process:
1. To specify the depth cut either by regulating the cutter head/drum or by planning the platform.
2. Turn on the machine.
3. Feed the board through the machine
4. The board is carried forward by the in-feed roller and later placed below the spinning blades of the cutter drum.
5. The out feed roller moves consistently the finished section of the board out of the machine and therefor a smooth and consistent reduction in thickness is accomplished across the board in no time.
The sanding process is an added tool the machine whish is a powerful tool used for smoothing surfaces by abrasion with sandpaper. It is a very important feature in wood production for finishing surfaces and providing it with a smooth finish.
Main parts of a planer:
• Guide is a part that allows the movement of the slider and